IKEA aka as producătorul de mobila suedez este unul dintre cele mai puternici și recunoscute business-uri la nivel mondila. IKEA vine de la inițialele fondatorului, Ingvar Kamprad, alaturi de cele ale satului in care s-a nascut – Elmtaryd Agunnaryd.
Compania a fost fondată în anul 1943 într-un mic orășel din Suedia, iar în 1976 Ingvar a scris testamentul care și astăzi are rolul unei biblii a companiei. În 2013, la 70 ani de la înființare, conducerea a fost preluată de cel mai mic dintre copii, Mathias.
IKEA este unul dintre puținele love brands și mă fascinează de ceva timp modul în care s-au dezvoltat, strategia pe care o au, atenția la detalii, prețul și calitatea. Testamentul nu este mare, are doar 8 pagini și vă invit să-l citiți integral, iar mai jos este o selecție a sfaturilor fondatorului IKEA care pot fi de folos oricărui antreprenor indiferent de etapa în care se află businessul pe care îl dezvoltă.
I. The product range – our identity
- offering a wide range of well-designed, functional home furnishing products at prices so low that as many people as possible will be able to afford them.
- quality must always beadapted to the consumer’s interests in the long-term.
- we have decided once and for all to side with the many. What isgood for our customers is also, in the long run, good for us.
- the 1rst rule is to maintainan extremely low level of prices without compromising either functionality or technical quality.
- we shall always have the best value-for-money offers for every function.
Il. The IKEA® spirit – a strong and living reality
- a job must never be just a livelihood. If you are not enthusiastic about your job, a third of your life goes to waste, and a magazinein your desk drawer can never make up for that.
- you, as the captain, make the decisions after consulting the team. There is no time for argument afterwards. Take a football team as your model!
Ill. Profit give us resources
- a better everyday life for the many people!
- To achieve our aim, we must have resources – especially in the area of finance. We do not believe in waiting for ripe plums to fall into our mouths.
- We believe in hard, committed work that brings results.
- It forces us to develop products more economically, to purchase more efficiently and to be constantly stubborn in cost savings of all kinds. That is our secret. That is the foundation of our success.
IV. Reaching good results with small means
- we have proved that we can get good results with small means or very limited resources.
- Wasting resources is a mortal sin at IKEA.
- Any designer can design a desk that will cost 5,000 kronor. But only the most highly skilled can design a good, functional desk that will cost 100 kronor.
- Expensive solutions to any kind of problem are usually the work of mediocrity.
- O solutie al cărui cost nu il știi, nu este o soluție viabila
- Waste of resources is one of the greatest diseases of mankind.
- Many modern buildings are more like monuments to human stupidity than rational answers to needs.
V. Simplicity is a virtue
- O societate are nevoie de reguli ca sa funcționeze
- Dar regulile prea complexe paralizează
- Simplicity and humbleness characterise us in our relations with each other, with our suppliers and with our customers.
- We do not need fancy cars, posh titles, tailor-made uniforms or other status symbols.
- We rely on our own strength and our own will!
VI. Doing it a different way
- If we from the start had consulted experts about whether a little community like Älmhult could support a company like IKEA, they would have undoubtedly advised against it.
- By always asking why we are doing this or that, we can find new paths.
- By refusing to accept a pattern simply because it is well established, we make progress.
- We dare to do things differently! not just in large matters, but in solving small everyday problems too.
VII. Concentration – important to our success
- The general who divides his resources will invariably be defeated.
- Even a multitalented athlete has problems.
- For us too, it is a matter of concentration – focusing our resources.
- We can never do everything, everywhere, all at the same time.
Vlll. Taking responsibility – a privilege
- There are people at all levels in every type of company and community who would rather make their own decisions than hide behind those made by others. People who dare to take responsibility.
- Democracy or the obligations for consultation are sometimes cited as excuses.
- Taking responsibility has nothing to do with education, financial position or rank. responsibility-takers can be found in the warehouse, among the buyers, sales force and office staff – in short, everywhere.
- We all have our rights, but we also have our duties. Freedom with responsibility. Your initiative and mine are decisive. our ability to take responsibility and make decisions.
- Only while sleeping one makes no mistakes.
- making mistakes is the privilege of the active – of those who can correct their mistakes and put them right.
- our objectives require us to constantly practise making decisions and taking responsibility, to constantly overcome our fear of making mistakes.
- The fear of making mistakes is the root of bureaucracy and the enemy of development.
- It is always the mediocre people who are negative, who spend their time proving that they were not wrong.
- The strong person is always positive and looks forward. It is always the positive people who win. They are always a joy to their colleagues and to themselves.
- But winning does not mean that someone else has to lose. The finest victories are those without losers. If somebody steals a model from us, we do not sue them, because a lawsuit is always negative.
- We solve the problem instead by developing a new and even better model.
IX. Most things still remain to be done. A glorious future!
- happiness is not reaching your goal. happiness is being on the way.
- It is our wonderful fate to be just at the beginning. In all areas.
- We will move ahead only by constantly asking ourselves how what we are doing today can be done better tomorrow.
- The positive joy of discovery must be our inspiration in the future too.
- The word impossible has been deleted from our dictionary and must remain so.
- Experience is a word to be handled carefully.
- humbleness is the key word. Being humble means so much to us in our work and in our leisure. It is even decisive for us as human beings. It means not just consideration and respect for our fellow men and women, but also kindness and generosity.
- Will-power and strength without humbleness often lead to conflict. Together with humbleness, will-power and strength are your secret weapons for development as an individual and fellow human being.
”Bear in mind that time is your most important resource. You can do so much in 10 minutes. Ten minutes, once gone, are gone for good. You can never get them back.”
[PDF] Ingvar Kamprad – Testamentul unui furnizor de mobilă – este Cartea Săptămânii 6 din serie #1CartePeSăptămână!